Suffolk Repair Shed – Conditions for Repair
1. All repairs carried out at the Suffolk Repair Shed (SRS) are performed at the customer’s own risk. The advice and repair service is conducted by experienced and competent volunteers. There is no charge but donations are welcome to cover costs including the purchase of tools and equipment and the development of the service.
3. Neither the organisers of SRS nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any loss or injury whatsoever that may result from any repair carried out or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
4. Neither the organisers of SRS nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any accidental damage that may occur to either visitors’ goods or personal effects.
5. The customer is responsible for providing and/or paying for any consumables such as leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc. that may be needed to fully complete a repair. Advice will be given on what is required.
6. Repairers offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out with or without their help and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or break down again in the future.
7. After making an initial assessment of an item, repairers are fully entitled to use their discretion and decline to repair an item should they so decide.
8. Items that cannot be repaired will be returned to the customer.
9. Items will be examined on arrival SRS reserves the right to refuse to accept for repair any item that is considered too dangerous and/or damaged or obviously beyond repair.
10. SRS takes no responsibility in any form whatever for any item, repaired or otherwise, once it has left the premises.
11. Except with express permission, customers or members of the public are not permitted into the Repair Shed.
Suffolk Repair Shed May 2022