Suffolk Repair Shed – Repair T&C’s
1. All repairs carried out at the Suffolk Repair Shed (SRS) are performed at the customer’s own risk. The advice and repair service is conducted by experienced and competent volunteers. There is no charge but we do ask for donations to cover costs including rent, insurance, the purchase of tools and equipment and the development of the service.
2. Donations are taken at the outset, and are contingent on a successful repair. Donations are held in a separate account until the item is returned to the owner.
4. Neither the organisers of SRS nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any loss or injury whatsoever that may result from any repair carried out or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
5. Neither the organisers of SRS nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any accidental damage that may occur to either visitors’ goods or personal effects.
6. The customer is responsible for providing and/or paying for any consumables such as leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc. that may be needed to fully complete a repair. Advice will be given on what is required before incurring any cost.
7. Repairers offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out with or without their help and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or break down again in the future.
8. After making an initial assessment of an item, repairers are fully entitled to use their discretion and decline to repair an item should they so decide.
9. Items that cannot be repaired for whatever reason will be returned to the customer together with their donation.
10. Items will be examined on arrival. SRS reserves the right to refuse to accept for repair any item considered too dangerous and/or damaged or obviously beyond repair. The item will be returned to the owner together with any donation.
11. We will make our best efforts to repair items in a timely fashion within the constraints of volunteer efforts and the availability of spare parts. We cannot guarantee specific timescales; owners will be advised if there are unexpected delays.
12. If an item remains in the shed for 8 weeks after an owner has been contacted to arrange collection, then SRS reserve the right to dispose of the article as appropriate. Any donation will be forfeit.
13. SRS takes no responsibility in any form whatever for any item, repaired or otherwise, once it has left the premises.
14. Except for bringing or collecting items, customers or members of the public are not permitted into the Repair Shed.
Suffolk Repair Shed November 2022